E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub SS BNF
Part Number: EFLU1180
The E-flite UMX Carbon Cub SS is a feature-rich scale BNF model that offers performance that's an escape from the ordinary. Like the full-size Cub Crafters marvel, it's an immortal classic made more versatile than ever thanks to its high-output brushless power system and fully-functional flaps. Simply a joy to fly, you'll be able to leap from tight spots and cruise the landscape with confidence.
Large credit for its gentle manners go to the onboard AS3X System that makes handling super-smooth, even in moderate wind. Unlike anything offered in its class, you'll discover agility that's rock solid—especially when diving in on that postage stamp called a runway.
The UMX Carbon Cub SS is ready in just a few minutes. Just charge the included Li-Po battery and bind to your own full-range DSM2/DSMX 4-channel transmitter, such as the Spektrum DX4e. Go for a total bush-flying adventure and swap the stock landing gear for the optional E-flite custom float set (EFLUA1190) or expand your RC horizons with a friend and employ the top-mounted UMX sailplane tow hook.
- AS3X System for smooth handling and precise control, even in moderate winds
- Includes a top-mounted, ultra micro-size sailplane tow hook
- Perfect for aerotowing! The tow hook equipped UMX Carbon Cub SS makes an ideal tug for the UMX ASK-21 Glider (EFLU1280)
- Converts to a floatplane quickly with optional E-flite float set (EFLUA1190)
- Full five-channel control with flaps to enjoy slower flight and shorter takeoffs and landings
- Navigation wing lights and landing light installed
- 6-channel DSMX Ultra Micro AS3X/RX/BL ESC unit with Spektrum technology
- High-output 180BL, 2500Kv brushless outrunner motor
- E-flite 180mAh 2S Li-Po battery and balance charger (EFLB1802S20)
- Five performance ultra micro long-throw servos
Needed To Complete
- 4+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible full range transmitter (5+ channels required for flap operation
If you wish to charge the included battery from an AC power source, you will need the optional power supply (EFLC4000)
EAN Reference: EFLU1180
|Power Plant Size:||180-250 Electric|
|Plane Type:||Scale Civilian|
|Wingspan:||24.0 in (610mm)|
|Overall Length:||15.7 in (398mm)|
|Flying Weight:||3.17 oz (90 g)|
|Motor Size:||180-size, 2500Kv brushless outrunner|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
|Wing Area:||83.5 sq. in. (540 sq. cm.)|
|CG (Center of Gravity):||27mm back from the leading edge of wing|
|Recommended Motor Battery:||7.4V 2S 180mAh 20C Li-Po (included)|
|Charger:||2S DC Li-Po balancing charger (included)|
- James Offord, 10/05/12
As expected with an E-Flite product, you get great quality at an amazing price.
How they cram a powerful motor, control surfaces, flaps, the new AS3X system and even lights into a little 24 inch plane is mind blowing!
Probably the most enjoyable little aircraft in my hanger, and small enough to hide in the car for holiday flying.
The float set is a must, although I haven’t flown her with the floats fitted, I imagine it will be great fun.
Looking forward to aero-towing with the release of the mini glider next month.
The service from RC Choppers is of course unbeatable. 5 out of 5.
- Adam, 07/07/12
I love this plane and also with the flaps it slows down good to and also fast shipping and very good also I will be getting the floats for the carbon cub as they look good